Centrelink income and asset statement

Navigating Your Centrelink Income and Asset Statement Though you can visit any Centrelink branch in your area, nothing is better than the convenience of managing claims and updating personal details online. You’ll be asked to submit a copy of your Centrelink income and asset statement. If you don’t have any idea where or how to find it, this article covers everything for you. It will also discuss other standard features of Centrelink and what’s the best way to navigate and use them. If you need a Centrelink loan, consider getting one at Perfect Payday.

How to access your Centrelink income and asset statement

In case that you were unable to log in to either your Centrelink or MyGov account during the process of application, you will most likely be asked to immediately get a copy of your Centrelink income and asset statement. Here’s how you can do it:

  1. Log in to your account at Centrelink. You can directly do this via MyGov. Simply type www.mygov.com. Depending on how you created your account, you might be asked to enter a special verification code. After that, press next.
  2. Once you are logged in, choose Centrelink from the list of partner services. You will then be redirected to the official website of Centrelink.
  3. On the website, click “Request a document.” From the dropdown menu, choose “Detailed income and assets statement,” and select where you want to submit the document. Take note that the date will automatically change to the present date. You can change it through the calendar. But if you will submit it to a lending company, you might want to set it on the current date.
  4. Click submit and a receipt number will be given to you. On the receipt page, you’ll also receive a link where you can access a PDF file of your document. You can view it, print and save for future use.

How to make claims online

Claiming your Centrelink payment is now made easier and more convenient. Thanks to online processing, you can make your claims without the need to visit a physical Centrelink branch. You can just open your laptop and start the procedure right away. Here are Centrelink payments that you can claim online:

For Carers

  • Carer payment
  • Carer allowance

For Families

  • Stillborn Baby Payment
  • Child Care Subsidy
  • Parental Leave Payment
  • Single Income Family Supplement
  • Family Tax Benefit
  • Parenting Payment
  • Dad and Partner Pay


  • Youth allowance
  • Newstart Allowance


  • Transfer to Age Pension
  • Age Pensions

People with Disability

  • Essential Medical Equipment
  • Sickness Allowance
  • Mobility Allowance

Students and Apprentices

  • Austudy
  • Youth Allowance

People who live in Rural and Remote areas

  • Farm Household Allowance
  • Concessions and Health Care Cards
  • Renew your Low Income Health Care Card
  • Foster Child Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card
  • Low Income Health Care Card
  • Ex-Carer Allowance (Child) Health Care Card

Also, it is now possible to cancel or withdraw your claim online. You can do this by logging in to your Centrelink account via the MyGov website. From the homepage, choose to make a claim. Once your claim is complete, choose “withdraw the claim,” but if it’s unfinished, click “cancel claim” instead.

How to report your income

The income that you and your spouse make impact your Centrelink payment. For you to be correctly paid whenever you make a claim, you need to report your salary to Centrelink. Here’s how: You can conveniently report your salary online. Simply go to the MyGov website then record and report your earnings under your employment diary. If you want an even quicker and hassle-free way to record your income, you can also download the Express Plus Centrelink app for free at Google Play or Apple Store. With this, you can log your income whenever and wherever you are.  Take note that you have to report the gross income of you and your spouse. So, what exactly is a gross income? Generally, it is the amount of money you earn before it will be deducted with tax and other related deductions. In case your salaries are fluctuating, even by just a little amount, you have to update your record on Centrelink. This will let them know about the changes in your earnings. Your income might come in different forms and these include:

  • The money you obtain from your work
  • The money you earn from another source such as an investment
  • The money you receive as an allowance or gift
  • Always keep tabs on all of this income. Centrelink might require you to submit proof of income, like paychecks.
  • When is the right time to report your income?

Once you start receiving payments from Centrelink, you are required to report your earnings. There are two ways of reporting:

  • Scheduled reporting – your reporting period is every 14 days.
  • Unscheduled reporting – you don’t have a reporting period to follow, so you need to inform Centrelink if you and your spouse’s income fluctuates.